Thursday, February 16, 2006

Family Starter Kits

Before we get stuck into creating complex advanced families, there are a few tips and tricks I would like to start with.
The first example of such a tip/trick, I would term as “Family Starter Kits”.
A Family Starter Kit is a collection or library of common components, that you would end up using on a daily basis to construct families. As I hate to constantly do repetitive tasks, I adopted this methodology to eliminate such mundane time suckers.
For starters, elements such as profiles, can be loaded into a family and used with the Solid Sweep without having to create the profile every time. These Profiles are of course, parametric, which enables you to alter its state for the specific sweep required in the family.
Parallelograms and circular profiles are just some of the helpful profiles I have stored in my “family starter kit”


No comments: